It is time to give a modern look to our desktop! The new theme makes more clever use of orange (not over-use it) and is mainly color-neutral.
Very simple. Just extract the archive somewhere and drag and drop the file new-wave(xxx).tar.gz where (xxx) is the version number e.g. 050 to the Appearance settings window. If you use version is 0.5.8 or earlier please remove it first and then install 0.5.9 or later because there is internal folder reorganization.
The package also contains emerald themes, compiz-fusion settings, some metacity tweaks and a file to fix the Firefox bug. To solve this you need to put the file userChrome.css in you profile’s directory. For Firefox the path is ~/.mozilla/firefox/(xxxx).default/chrome/ where (xxxx) is some text different over installations. For Thunderbird the procedure should be the same.
– Fixed Appearance manager crash when installing themes in /usr/share/themes/ .
– Other bugfixes.
– Redesigned metacity to match New Wave “spirit” as well as new menu-items and panel buttons.
– New Wave GDM List added to download section.
0.5.8 and 0.5.9
– Optimize control rendering.
– All warning messages are fixed.
– Support for XFce (xfwm4 theme + some XUbuntu fixes).
– Fixed grey panels after reboot in Ubuntu, Xubuntu.
– Code clean-up and minor bugfixes.
GPL – for the icons, background and GDM
Creative Commons 3.0 – for the gtkrc and pixmap images.
download (New Wave Pack) (302 KByte)
download (New Wave GDM)
download (Background “Hot Wave Chaos”)
download (Background “Lime Light”)
download (Background “Square Lines”)
download (Background “Wood Twilight”)
download (Background “Hot Wave Intense”)
download (Lock-Dialog Theme)
download (New Wave GDM List)