This is an extensive set of icon themes based on GNOME and Tango, with some inspiration from Human, Tango Generator, Elementary, and other open source projects. The project’s goal is to integrate closely with gnome-icon-theme, while greatly expanding its available icons and allowing users to choose from 7 completely different and unique color schemes. With the additional source pack, an unlimited number of complete color variations can be rebuilt from source.
The icons and their color schemes are designed to complement my Shiki-Colors GTK Themes and their additional artwork.
There are 7 color variations: Brave (Blue), Wise (Green), Human (Orange), Noble (Purple), Wine (Red), Dust (Chocolate) and Illustrious (Pink).
GNOME-Colors consistently themes 99% of default icons + 1000’s more in almost every popular linux distribution. Every single icon included in the set is drawn perfectly at each and all sizes, so you will never have to see a blurry icon ever again!
Important, must read or clowns will eat you:
GNOME-Colors depends on the package “gnome-icon-theme”. If you don’t use GNOME, make sure you have it!
* Minor consistency fixes.
* Recreate all recolorable icons from source.
* Gradient and stroke fixes to folders.
* Better palette for Red (Wine) variation.
* Add a new color variation – Pink (Illustrious).
* GNOME-Colors now allows for creating custom color icon sets from the source
package. This means GNOME-Colors now has infinite possible color variations,
feel free to read the documentation and make your own in minutes!
* Minor cosmetic tweaks.
* Make wireless icons more accurate (0% signal = 0 bars).
* Backport document-revert icon from gnome’s one-canvas.
* Redo some application icons for better consistency and looks.
* Redesign old HAL-9000 Hibernate icon.
* Make suspend icons consistent with new media-actions coloring.
* Redesign some tons of action icons with better and smoother gradients.
* Add RapidSVN icons.
* Minor cosmetic fixes to many icons.
* Move project to SVN, include makefiles and update documentation.
* Use new common library to reduce file size by as much as 4 times! Users are
encouraged to read documentation before installation, as the new
gnome-colors-common folder is a required dependency for all icon sets.
It’s recommended to remove any existing version before upgrading!
If upgrading to 5.0+ from any older version, you absolutely MUST remove any existing version first for a proper upgrade.
GNOME/GNOME-Colors icons are GPL-2.
Please read “AUTHORS” and “COPYING” files for more detailed information.
Download Gnome-Colors 5.2: